Velocity can permanently repair a pothole in about two minutes – a fraction of the time it usually takes a conventional repair gang to do the job.
The combination of our highly-skilled teams and specialist repair vehicles means we can carry out up to 150 long-lasting pothole repairs per day.
The process leaves a permanent, level repair that is quickly ready to be opened to traffic.
Potholes in need of a Velocity repair.
The road is transformed in a matter of minutes.
Velocity’s 3-step repair process
- High-velocity air is used to remove all dust and debris from the defect.
- A cold bitumen emulsion is forced into every crack and crevice, sealing the defect and protecting it by preventing the ingress of water.
- The aggregate mix is fired at high velocity through the delivery hose, evenly coating the granules with bitumen emulsion.
Note: the new material is keyed into the existing road surface. Compaction levels are better than conventional material due to the layer by layer compaction from the bottom up, not top down.
As heat is not involved in the repair, this greener method involves exceptionally low CO2 emissions. The process produces minimal waste material and causes no further damage to the road base.
Suitable for rural and urban roads, the system can be adapted for repairs to potholes, edge deterioration, depressions, cracking, crazing and extending the life of worn conventional repairs.
The process isn’t just used to remove defects, as it is an excellent preventative tool to halt road surface deterioration.
The Velocity team will work alone, once they know which roads need repairing. Due to the speed of the process, road closures are not required in most instances, dramatically reducing disruption and related costs.
- Velocity’s new-generation machines come with customised vehicle tracking and reporting systems that enable the performance of each machine to be monitored and for clients to see exactly where repairs have been carried out.
- Velocity’s machines are the best available. The vehicles’ aggregate hoppers are now made from glass re-enforced plastic to reduce weight and allow the machines to carry more material. The newly designed aggregate delivery system significantly decreases overspray and gives increased protection from water ingress.
We constantly strive to further improve our service, client support and materials. Developments in emulsion technology have allowed us to further improve the longevity and quality of our repairs. We work closely with our supply chain partners to ensure materials are tested to vigorous performance standards.
Our vast experience means we always use the best aggregate to ensure that repairs will be long lasting and help reduce your carbon footprint by reducing haulage miles from quarry to depot. When discussing your programme requirements, our experienced sales staff can advise on aggregate size and type, together with which blend of emulsion will offer the greatest benefit throughout.